Lesson Plan for PreK and K
Teaching Caesar’s Cipher through grouping students and centers or table jobs
- The inner circle is the groups assigned. The outer circle is the centers or jobs
- Groups could be 4 student names. Jobs could be Home, Blocks, Writing, and Sensory.
- Make 25 jobs for kids and kids names on inner circle, then shift each week
Teaching Base 2, 8, 10, and 16
- Using opportunities, such as snack, centers, and place value to represent various bases
- Snack could be, equal sharing in base 8 for grapes or 16 for crackers.
- Place value could be with blocks, misc items during 100 days of school
Teaching Chroma Encryption through coloring sheets and various media
- Color by #, letter, patterns, sight words, shapes, etc. using chalk, markers, paint, crayons, etc.
- Could use shrink Dinks, shredded crayon/iron on wax paper, etc.
- Coding using Legos or linking cubes to represent letters
- Using a paper of the letter with the color-coded Lego pattern to represent it
- The students recreate the pattern for each letter they need to make a word
- Or recreate teacher-made words